My double eyelid stitching

Tuesday 5 January 2016

HALO

Finally blogging about my eyelid surgery!!!!
Actually its about 3 weeks ago so not very far off la RIGHT
Considering I usually blog about things months ago lol wtf

Why I'm blogging about this is because

#1 as always I blog/vlog about my life for myself to look back as memories
My memory not very good wtf so I rely a lot on my blog/dayre/fb albums to note down snippets of my life keke

#2 another reason is to help anybody else who may be considering eyelid surgery as well!
Because i got so much insight from other blogs as well hahahaa repaying the society wtf

DISCLAIMER IM NOT SUPPORTING (NOR DISCOURAGING) SURGERY. Obv I think that it's good if you are able to embrace your features
Also remember that all surgery have risks so think it through and think damn long and think and think and think again and again before u decide

I wear makeup very often and double eyelids have just been something I've wanted since FOREVER. AND EVER.
With single lids my lashes droop down no matter how many layers of mascara I have on. With single lids no matter how thick my eyeliner is I still cannot see it when I open my eyes

Ya basically this is my insecurity and I hate how my lids make my eyes appear smaller.

Not say single lids ppl are ugly or what hor ive had single lids for 20 years and i never say i ugly also wtf. This is just what I want and I'm very very very happy that I did it!!!!! For myself!!!!!!!

Not that I have to justify my actions to anybody lah but just letting you all know.
I'm not affected if u think pre-surgery nicer etc also bcos everyone is entitled to their own opinions right??
What really matters is that I'm very very glad that I finally did this :-)

--

PRE SURGERY

In this post I will try to go through what I did from the beginning to help people who need the help.
When I was researching for my surgery I read SO many blogs

Read until taiwanese blogs also, and tried my best with my not so good Chinese lolol damn rusty already!!!!

I was debating between Singapore, Japan and Taiwan.
I gave up Singapore in the end because the prices were almost double of what it would cost overseas omg
Between the other two, I chose Taiwan eventually because I felt that it would be easier to communicate without a language barrier

Of cos I know lah Japan also got translators one but in the end I still went with Taiwan lo at least easier for me to get around with Chinese also.
And Ive been to Taiwan before too and I wanted to go back LOLOL

Then I decided on STARCLINIC!
Below is a screenshot of the website




Really is test my Chinese capabilities to the maximum one LOLOL

Anyway can see at the right side got like a iphone thingy??
Basically thats like the live chat function ah

So i used that to talk to one of the staff then gave them my particulars. 
Their staff will then give my particulars accordingly to the outlet that does eyelid surgery lo

So for me it was the Da-an outlet

The staff LINE chat me and thats how we communicated for the month before the surgery lor. 
(i booked my date about 2 months before?)

After u send them ur photographs (for the doctor to assess you) then they will reply you with a figure and u need to pay 50% as deposit before flying over.
They will give you their account number so you just do an overseas transfer lor

So how much is it????????????? Hahahahaha i got so many qn wtf
Mine was about SGD1.5k with general anaesthesia (GA)

I say 'mine' because as I said he needs to look at your photo then assess what you need to do lor.
Case-by-case basis mah
Mine was more ex actually because my lids are hooded or something so I needed to extract eyelid fat

Extraction of eyelid fat was about SGD$100+ more, then I paid for GA bcos idw to be awake during the surgery LOL and thats abt SGD$200+ extra. Otherwise they will do local anaesthesia (LA) and inject ur eyelid or something wtf pls take my money and spare me

Also this price is as of 2015 so I dunno if it will increase anot next time.

--

Surgery wise I chose stitching over incision

#1 stitching is less painful. sew only mah never cut 
#2 stitching recovery is much easier and shorter (few weeks vs few months)

BUT
#3 stitching is not permanent. usually lasts about 2-3 years

But i still went stitching because I am a wuss about the pain.
Dunno what I'll do 3 years later but i can worry abut that later haha



DAY 0 SHOTS


Nah very ugly shots I took the day before surgery lolol

First one is when i open my eyes, bottom 2 is when I relax my eyes and when i look slightly down
I have like..... i dunno what is this called. Halfway lids?? Wtf

U can see that I have a line la but its very thin and barely visible. 
Very irritating when i put mascara bcos it always droops wtf


Nah this is a photo i found by backtracking that can best see my eyelids + mascara
Taken a few months ago


This is on the day itself!
I dont have selfie with my camera before the surgery leh too scared alr LOL 
only got this selfie with jo LOLOL

U can see when i smile my line is like i dunno disappear into thin air bcos its so thin


Nah side view screenshot from my vlog lolol 
This is right before I entered the surgery


Tada this is the clinic I went to!


STARCLINIC 星采整形外科診所
台北市大安區
復興南路二段27號2樓

2F., No 27., Sec. 2, Fuxing S. Rd., Da'an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C)


We cabbed here after leaving our luggage in our hotel lobby and I highly reco you guys to cab as well bcos if u come by MRT omg the stairs are cray

Unless u very athletic not like me HAHAHA



So after you give your name (for ur appt) they will give you a particulars form to fill up

I cant rmb whats on it anymore bcos i too ganchiong.
Like ur health details etc lor


^ the bag is your post-surgery recovery pack later then i show u all whats inside


LOL THEN THEY SEND U TO CHANGE IN THE CHANGING ROOM
Only allowed to wear your underwear, not even ur bra so maybe u wanna wear nicer underwear hahahahaha wtf

I've gotten GA before for my wisdom teeth surgery so I know that I must remove my nail polish beforehand keke

........... but then I forgot to remove my earrings. Lol so I am here taking them out
Basically cannot have anything metal on u ok

OH ALSO REMEMBER IF URE ON GA u have to fast 8h before ur surgery! 
No food no drinks so I was very miserable on the plane wtf


--

DURING SURGERY

Then they send u off to take photographs for their own record purposes, then off u go to the consultation/surgery room!!!!!

I thought they would send me for consultation like in a room or something that i saw on the site but i think they said they were very rushed for time that day so I consulted the doc while sitting up on the surgery bed LOL WTF 

Basically the surgeon will use like a prong thingy and hold a mirror for u to see where u want the stitches to be.
He pokes your eyelid to get the effect u geddit???? I dunno how else to explain hahaha

This is my surgeon's name > 陳翰儒. I dunno how to read la but ya

He was good tho i think, very patient with me and checked with me a lot of times to ensure that he got the right position and height that I liked
Originally I told him i wanted it even higher but he advised me against it as it may look very unnatural so I went with his advice

After he's done marking down the spots (in black ink later u see) then I lie down to wait for the anaesthetist! 
It was this middle-aged woman (about 40 y/o i think?) then she kept hitting my hand and telling me "你的手好细喔你的血管也是"

FML this is what i was most afraid of  hahahaahhahahaa
Basically she said my veins hard to find bcos too..... light?? omg i suddenly brain fart cannot remember the adjective
Like very thin ah so difficult to find the vein to poke the drip in

Kao i kept whimpering lololol bcos she took damn long and hold me to keep shaking and clenching my hand hopefully better to see the vain

Pi gu in the end also damn pain hahahahaha wtf but nevermind la i already expected this to be pain.
My wisdom teeth one on the other hand didnt hurt AT ALL. Really is AT ALL

This one bruised me for 1-2 weeks WTF
But then the one I did in SG was $800.......... hahaha so mai hiam


Immediately after i woke up i asked the nurse to pass me my phone alr LOLOLOL HIONG ANOT HAVENT EVEN LEAVE THE BED 
Show u all how the drip looks like

If u want to see how the surgery room looks like, I tried my best to vlog with my half awake mind hahahaha u can go and see to cop a feel


Wah this is already one of the better looking screenshots hAHAHAHAHA fml

And if u're wondering: NO IT DOESNT HURT

Not at all. the only part of me that hurt was the needle in my arm lolol
Other than that really no pain i never bluff

Ur eyes just feel very heavy, like u cried a lot the previous night then u wake up with shit ass swollen eyes
Ya that kind of feeling. Super heavy and u dont feel like opening ur eyes bcos it takes effort LOL
But of cos dont go and touch ur wound too hard etc wtf 

Damn seh post surgery. Feels like i had too much to drink that kind of feeling
Fortunately this time I wasnt as nauseous as my wisdom teeth one leh omg!!!!
Like one day only and then no more liao. Omg the wisdom teeth GA i almost die from nausea lol

Only bad thing abt this was that I kept trembling????? Dunno is too cold or the side effect. 

Finally after I stopped trembling they helped me up to go change and leave the room!
Super giddy I sat on the floor to wear my clothes LOL


POST SURGERY


My super supportive friend jochan immediately help me photoshoot


Still can twist wtf really no pain i never bluff
Only very seh


!!!!!!!!!!!! BTW i think i forgot to mention
The height that ure seeing now is NOT ur final eyelids ok??

It will drop about 50% lower after a month so actually in my opinion u should just 敢敢stitch higher hahahaha will drop anyway!!
Depends on what u like also lah. 

Just telling u all that the final look will differ based on how ur eyes are naturally. I asked for parallel eyelids but today at week 3 my eyelids are tapered already lolol fml its just the way my eyes are lor
So be aware!


My vlog screencap. 
Immediately out of the clinic! Still can go gaigai actually lolol but just very tired

--

OK back in the hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
look at my eyelids oMG SO THICK!!!!!!!!


Sian i wish it was still as thick but its not lah dropped a lot already :''''''(


Nah this is the best post surgery shot i have LOL
Looks painful anot????? I showed YL then he kicked me away say i look like some haunted doll wtf

but 真的 no pain dont worry!!!!
Also u can see those like black/blue stripes down my eye???
Those are the markings that the surgeon drew on to know where to stitch!

At first I tried wiping them off but they wouldnt come off wtf but dont worry after a day they naturally fade off by themselves


Show u all whats in the bag!!!

4 types of oral meds, 1 eye cream, 3 sodium chloride solution, dunno how many gauze and cotton sticks!

The white and pink ones are to deswell.
The yellow one is painkillers. 


I didnt touch this med because i am not good at swallowing tablets LOL....

ANd then this is capsules. Which are the bane of my life

But anyway i didnt get infections also so luckily lah if not i die hahahaha


Use their cotton sticks to clean your wound GENTLY using the sodium chloride solution


THIS is the sodium chloride solution
I vlogged when I was cleaning so if u wanna see can see also lol


After u clean it, apply the eye cream! 
The cream is yellow in colour as u can see ^

Supposed to repeat this procedure MINIMUM 3x a day but i only did 2x a day when i left the hotel and when i came back hahahahaha
If not very mafan leh how to bring out the solutions



Then u need to buy this urself. Ice pack for deswelling
I got mine at Watsons pharmacy but actually got friends tell me i shouldve gotten those eye masks with freezable gel inside!!! 
Then can wear as mask easier u know?????

I didnt see it at watsons that day lor haiz


My first time putting

^ OH YA u must put the gauze over ur eyes first then put the ice pack over ok bcos ur eyes are not to touch water for at least 1 week. Including condensation water wtf


Few days later damn sick of this shit

LOLOLOL because each icing session has to be 15min and u have to do it as frequently as u can 
Omg after I came back from TW i completely stopped liao la simi sai hahahahaha damn boring leh sit there 15min with an ice pack 


See clean liao not that scary liao hor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAY 1 SHOTS

Taken before I went to bed at night!


Bruising is confirm normal

Dunno if u can see but i cannot open my eyes wide. Bcos its swollen
So makes my eyes look droopy still

--

Ok now day 2! 



Wake up liao clean eyes first


Then go gai gai!!!!!!! LOLOL in XMD


Sorry i shouldve taken this without the specs but u can see lah i think
Still quite thick and swollen today!

OH YA forgot to mention: the nurse told me to eat lesser eggs and try to avoid seafood. (in case infection)

So I went to the steamboat place and didnt eat any seafood 

怎么可能 哭死我


If u look closer u can see my wounds too

^LMAO JO REFLECTION
#hardatwork

DAY 2 SHOTS

These were taken at night when I reached back to the hotel


Can see near my eyelashes got like pink pink red spots?
Those are bruises! They took the longest to fade off actually. About 2 weeks?
If u look closely u also can see my black stitches on my right eye (your left side)

--

Day 3!
Woke up the earliest wtf because we chionged for the doujiang breakfast
I will blog about that in my TW post instead but totally wasted my morning


Eyes still lookin swollen like i slept 50 hours or something wtf


Nah went to do our hair and i really needed to wash my hair bcos i cannot wash by myself????
Eyes cannot touch water ma #excuses


Still 小肿


Back in the hotel


This unflattering angle LOLOL TRYING TO SHOW U ALL THE STITCHES AND PINK BRUISES NEAR MY LASHES

DAY 3 SHOTS

Omg the first photo is damn ugly i just want to justify myself that this was taken immediately after i iced my eyes so they were a little bit more red and there are gauze marks over the top part of my face LOLOL

I just woke up in the morn also so my hair omg give chance lololol

Can see my black stitches?????


Ok the bottom 2 is at night when i came back to the hotel hahaahhaa
Looks better already right compared to morning?!

Taiwan weather is amazing at 11-19degrees c so the cool air really aids in recovery

Think by day 3 i stopped painkillers too!!!!!!!!! 
Actually think couldve stopped since day 2 but i just ate lor then end up i forgot to bring it out on day 3 and i didnt really need them so i stopped le

--

Day 4!! Back to remove stitches!!!

Actually supposed to be remove stitches on 5/6th day but i was flying back early so I had to remove mine earlier lol

So actually could've let the wound heal a bit more then maybe i wont feel anything at all wtf


Before I went in!


Removing stitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they basically pick the thread up, cut it then pull it out

I vlogged the whole process down and it was like..... 3 min???
The fact that I took this myself means that the pain is very minimal.

The first stitch i bit my lip bcos very sore ah bcos my wound still raw mah so it felt like an ant's bite
But really nothing much one dont worry


Immediately after removal!!!!!!


Out of the clinic!!!!!!!!!


Still can go dabao KFC afterwards HAHAHAAHA


Can see my eye lid??????


My bruise hurts more than my eyes lor wtf



DAY 4 SHOTS

Taken at night! Side view


No more stitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--

Day 5 going home day WTF SO SAD TO LEAVE TAIWAN AND JO

Paiseh day 5 dont have progress shots i didnt even take much photos i think bcos whole day scrambling to the airport and transit and blah blah blah almost kisiao

So i screenshot my vlog again to at least put a photo here hor hahahahahahahahaha


YAY BACK HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333333


DAY 6 SHOTS


My first photo back in SG!

That day I slept in til 1pm the next day wtf

My left eye is more bruised but my right eye is more swollen wtf

Dunno if u all can see. Stare at near the lashline then maybe u can see my right eye more red and puffed

--

About 1 week later 
I only filled in my brows and put mascara here

ACTUALLY nurse told me to only wear makeup 2 weeks later but hahahahahahahaha
Hello its christmas leh!!!!!!!!


Nah non-selfie photo
Still quite unnatural looking

Actually mine deswelled quite slowly because i stopped icing my eyes once back in SG LOLOL NOT HARDWORKING ALREADY
cannot sia so mafan to ice so i didnt bother lol fml

--

2 weeks later barefaced shot again hahaha wtf


Actually I think maybe the scar will be lighter if I applied the cream religiously..... 
I stopped after 1 week because got too lazy hahahahahaha simi sai

--

Taken few days ago, almost 3 weeks later!


Ya i steal from previous blog post one hahahahaha wtf

Drop a lot liao hor?!?!?!
Week 2-3 was the week whereby I really saw my eyelids drop and I was so sad sobs


--

I have makeup on now and I am lazy to remove and take a progress shot la so just take the 2 weeks one as the final one hahahaha

I still am not wearing/putting anything on my eyelids though!!!!
No eyeliner no eyeshadow etc. Only mascara
She said the final result will show approx 1 month later so I wanted to wait til past 1 month then I put stuff on my lids

Maybe it will deswell even more this coming week i dunno hahahahaa if got then i tell u all again lor

What i feel 3 weeks later is that I wish i did this earlier lah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love my eyelids now!!! Though they're not as high as I want them anymore, I still love them lolol


Ok thats it for this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope it was very informative and helpful because I tried to be as detailed as I could!!

I may have left out some things i dunno but if u are planning ur eyelid surgery and u wanna ask me qn im okay with answering them!!!!!!!

Ive had a lot friends asking me about it omg but if u are just a random reader (like me who blog hopped like siao for my research wtf) u can comment or email me at osmyuki@hotmail.com I will try my best to answer u if i know la hahaha

Vlogs:



I will blog about my Taipei trip after this but not as exciting lah bcos going to the same places that I've been before lolol super nua trip

oK THANKS FOR READING

XXX

You Might Also Like

6 comments